Sunday

Journal Entry for Saturday, Oct 8th

.
Rattlesnake Weed
E-P1070382-3
I captured this while on a hike to the Wee Thump Joshua Tree Wilderness Area with the rock-hounds from the Henderson Heritage Park Senior Center. I have yet to find out why this plant is commonly called Rattlesnake Weed. Maybe it's the fact that it produces a milky white substance that is poisonous. My thanks to Kathy Pool, one of my hiking partners for helping me to identify this quite delicate desert weed. Go to my Photo Gallery blog to read more about this unusual plant … Rattlesnake Weed.

TODAY'S TIPBuy a UV filter for each lens you own. It's easier, and needless to say cheaper, to replace a scratched lens filter than it is to replace your actual lens. Click here to view more tips ... Today's Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment