Saturday

Journal Entry for Friday, Oct 28th

Daytrip Page Creation - The Process
Windows Live WriterSomeone asked me the other day, “How do you create the pages on your photography site?” Well, here is the long answer. It takes me about a full day to put together a daytrip page chronicling one of our hiking journeys. The first several hours are spent reviewing, deleting and editing all of the pictures taken during the hike. Next, I begin the process of gathering information. Using a variety of websites, I gather information on mileage and directions, and information that might be unique or of special interest relative to the specified location and or the pictures taken. Then I use Google Earth to get a map of the area and to gather elevation information. Finally, using Windows Live Writer 2011, I begin the process of composing the actual page to be posted onto my Photo Gallery site; creating the tables necessary for the uploading of pictures, writing narrative, etc. Instead of trying to learn coding and some website software program, I chose to use Blogger by Google for the creation of all of my sites. It requires almost no knowledge of coding and is the easiest to use. After posting to my personal site on Blogspot.com, I then create any additional hyperlinks that might be need. Finally, I test all links to make sure everything ‘works’. When all this is done, I simply copy the page link, paste it into an email, and like magic, you click on the link and get to view the end result.

No comments:

Post a Comment