Monday

Journal Entry for Monday, Jan 2nd

Year-end Tasks
File FoldersToday’s Photo Tip: Always keep your picture files organized. I’ve spent the past several days performing file cleanup, backup and rearranging, in preparation for a new year of photographic experiences. I'm sure this is the task that everyone dreads and always finds an excuse to “put off to another day”; but I say don’t be like everyone else; do it now! Needless to say, rearranging pictures and folders always seems to have some negative effect on the cataloging of various software programs, creating yet again the need to go back and ‘re-do’ some things; however, spending the time now to maintain an efficient filing system by making pictures easier to find, deleting unnecessary files and clearing disk space for the upload of a new years’ worth of photos is always a good investment of time and energy. Of course when you’re done, don’t forget to back everything up.

I also performed some required maintenance on my Photo Gallery site. During this process I realized that I had conveniently “put off for a future time" the creation of some slideshows on some of my DayTrip pages. As a result, I created and added 4 new slideshows to the bottom of the following DayTrip pages: Weiser Ridge & Quarry, St. Thomas, Nevada, Lovell Wash, and Rogers Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment