Thursday

Journal Entry for Thursday, Jan 19th

Rock Hound Hike To Lake Mead
E-P1090543Today was the first scheduled rock hound hike for 2012. Two weeks ago I signed up for 15 hikes – thru May of this year. After today’s hike along Lake Mead’s Lakeshore Scenic Drive, I created two separate blog pages to provide information and showcase pictures that I took. Lakeshore Road Scenic Drive (Part I) and Lakeshore Road Scenic Drive (Part II).
The picture on the left is of a Great White Heron that I captured while at our stop to Boulder Beach.







Today's Food for Thought:
"Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountains is going home; that wilderness is a necessity; and that mountain parks and reservations are useful not only as fountains of timber and irrigating rivers, but as fountains of life!”
– John Muir


No comments:

Post a Comment