Tuesday

Musings - Black & White Conversions

EFBW-P1100695-3
 E-P1100695
chimp-thinkingThough I published this picture in a previous post, I have never been satisfied with the result in color.  The main thing I was trying to do when I took this image was to emphasize his struggle to survive and the effect of age and time on his horns. I think that this conversion is what Black and White is all about. By being able to better show the detail of his horns, I feel it helps to create a deeper feeling of emotion and sadness; making you think about the many years he has had to endure living in the harsh desert environment, often lacking the water and nourishment necessary to sustain a healthy life. The blending of the hues and colors in the original color photo shown on the right are unable to show the detail needed to adequately portray these feelings. Let me known what you think. You can contact me by sending email at the following address ... kccandcj@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment