Thursday

Journal Entry for Thursday, April 5th

Claim Jumper
Clam Jumper Tilapia Bianca
Tilapia Bianca
Today after my hike, I showered and took Connie to Claim Jumper’s for dinner. This is a great restaurant; we even took Jim Herring here on his last visit in February. Just two blocks up the street from us, this excellent restaurant is part of the Landry’s restaurant chain, and because I am a member of their Landry’s Dining Club, they sent me a $25 gift certificate for my birthday. Connie ordered the homemade New England clam chowder for an appetizer and I got the Southwest Eggrolls that were filled with  fresh chicken, cilantro, black beans, pasilla and bell peppers fried golden with sweet and spicy and salsa ranch dipping sauces. I only ate half of it. For the main entrée we both had the Tilapia Bianca, a pan seared tilapia topped with artichoke hearts and sautéed shrimp in a sherry cream sauce. Both were so big we were only able to eat half of it. We boxed the leftovers and had them for lunch the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment