Saturday

Journal Entry for Saturday, Feb 25th

Cocktails by the Pool
E-P1100307Having picked our friend Jim Herring up at the airport at 10:45 pm last night and driving him over to his house on the north end of Las Vegas, it was nearly 1:00 am by the time I got to bed. We both decided to allow some “sleep-in” time before getting together today. By the time Jim came over in the afternoon it was nearly 75-degrees and sunny without a cloud in the sky, so we decided to take our wine out to the pool and get a little sun. Jim and I even got a few shots of some Canada Geese in one of the golf course ponds next to our pool area. After a lovely couple of hours sitting around the pool, sipping wine and “chewing the fat” we came in and sat on our deck while I prepared some munchies.E-P1100310 After our snacks we came inside and watched a Netflix CD, The Amazing Jonathan, a comic magician who has been playing Las Vegas for more than 12 years. We all agreed that he was quite entertaining. After our ‘show’, we headed out for dinner at the Claim Jumper, just up the street from where we live. Because it is part of the Landry’s chain, of which I am a member, we received immediate seating and avoided a 35 minute wait. They have a huge menu and all the food here is very good – even though the portions are more than any one person should be eating. I had some of the best baby back pork ribs I’ve had in ages. I had a $25 credit on my member card and Jim treated us to the rest. We all went home stuffed. Jim and I decided that we would hike the Historic Railroad Tunnel Trail over by the Hoover Dam tomorrow and decided to get some rest by calling it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment