Monday

Journal Entry for Monday, Apr 9th

Follow-up on Carbonite Backup Program
Backup Icon 2Back on February 26th I put up a post about using Carbonite, a “cloud” backup program, to backup all of my photos and other important data files. The only negative thing I have to say about this program is how slow the initial back up is. It’s been a little over a month now, and I still haven’t completed backing up all of my files, though I’m almost there. As of today I have 57,000 files (mostly pictures) backed up for a total of 134 GB. But here is the good news. The other day I was working on editing a collage and saved the new edit without changing the filename, thereby causing the original collage to disappear. In less than a minute with just a few clicks I located the lost file in my Carbonite backup and “poof” it was instantly restored. They even sent me a report (copy below) showing that the file was restored back to its original location. I couldn’t believe how easy it was, no thinking, no converting – just click and restore! By far the easiest backup program I have ever used. LOVE IT!
Image

No comments:

Post a Comment