Saturday

Journal Entry for Saturday, Nov 19th

Eldorado Mine Tour
E-P1080611Today I took Connie’s brother Rick to the Techatticup Mining Camp in Eldorado Canyon for a tour of the Techatticup Mine. The Techatticup Mine is the oldest, richest and most famous gold mine in Southern Nevada. Along with others in the nearby area, it produced an estimated 250 million dollars in gold, silver, copper and lead. This was actually the fourth time in two years that I have made a visit to this area, yet each time I visit I seem to find new things to photograph. After a tour of the mine and the old mining camp on the surrounding property, we drove down to Nelson’s Landing, located at the edge of the Colorado River. To see more pictures, check out this page on my Photo Gallery site …Techatticup Mine Tour.


E-P1080633
After we returned home we showered and changes and headed out to Coyotes Mexican Cafe & Cantina where Rick treated us to dinner. Though not the best Mexican food in Vegas, the portions were huge and the service was very good. The Mexican beers that we ordered each came with a ‘chilled’ glass. I can’t remember that last time I was served a chilled glass with a beer. It was a nice finish to a very enjoyable visit with family.

No comments:

Post a Comment